Older blog entries for jsheets (starting at number 2)

The day of the Big Move. We're moving to a much nicer office space, with 16-foot ceilings and easier access (the old offices were literally across the street from the Metrodome, where the Minnesota Vikings romp). It seems to be going pretty smoothly so far. We'll see...

Finally got WINE to build all the way through and run with the automake setup. Woo hoo! Had a little trouble with SO versions for all the dlls. Forgot they were accessed with dlopen(), not the dynamic loader, meaning that you can't keep changing the file name. Consequently, I had to strip out the -version-info linker flag from roughly 60 makefiles. Oh well. My own fault.

But hey, it works! I must admit I'm quite surprised. I didn't think automake/libtool would be up to the task, without some custom makefile hacking.

Very close to getting Wine to build under automake. Most of it has been straight forward. The spec and glue files weren't too bad, once I figured out what was going on. The RC (resource) files were a bit tricky, but I finally got it working today. So far, libwine.so and all the dlls build, and the wine binary links, except for a couple dozen missing symbols. I'll fix that tomorrow, hopefully. We'll see if it actually runs after that...

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!