The Hoary install went well, wireless was detected during setup. However, the 1024x768 resolution was unusable: everything was blurred. Switching to 800x600 made it better, but that resolution is horrible for a quality laptop unit.
The Breezy Colony 3 install was ok in Stage 1, but Stage 2 decided to take a nap at 91%. There was no way to shutdown the laptop unit with conventional means so I had to pull out the battery and restart. Since the configuration was probably messed up, gdm didn't start as expected but an X.org restart made things better. However, I noticed that stage 2 is still stuck at 91% making synaptic unsable since it indicated that there is currently a lock in the installation process.
Finally, I noticed that the laptop won't reboot at all in Breezy Colony 3. I tried every possible way but I end up with a unit that is not responding at all, although the LED indicators for power and wifi are still lit up. Again, I had to pull out the battery just to restart it. Hibernate and Shutdown works though.
The joys of testing beta software! :) I will be trying a daily build later and see if I still get the same result.