Well, I have put together a strong release candidate for Ganymede 1.0 this evening. I sent out mail to the Ganymede discussion list soliciting feedback on the release candidates I posted, we'll see if I get much of a response come Monday. There are 116 users on the Ganymede discussion list right now.
And as I went to my work system to check on the size of that mailing list, I found that the Ganymede server had deadlocked. It has been months since that has happened, but deadlocks due to race conditions are the big achilles heel of the Ganymede server. Java makes multithreading very easy, but doesn't provide a lot of high level synchronization primitives. Very very easy to get into a deadlock with as many threads as the Ganymede server juggles all the time. Fortunately Sun's JVM takes the -QUIT signal and dumps out a list of all threads and where they are all blocking, so it's pretty easy to track down these things.
So I have something else to fix before 1.0. ;-)