3 May 2002 jnewbigin   » (Apprentice)

I had a late night last night. I built an RPM for my smbpwman code but after I have published it I realiased that I still had hard coded server names and port numbers. I quickly invented a config file and implemented a simple config reader which should keep people happy at this stage. I'll polish it later.

After finishing smbpwman I figured I should get the smbmount RPM going. Despite all my looking I could not find any docs on "rpm -ta" but in the end I got it to do what I wanted. My samba patches seemed to work and after a few small build issues I had a working RPM. (Lucky I had mercury to do the builds for me. mercury can do a kernel diff in < 1 sec :).

Now that the client side setup is complete, I just have to wait and see if my samba patch gets into 2.2.4 so people can start using the unix extensions.

Today I was tasked with installing a web log analysis for a client so I did a test install on uranus. AWstats does a pretty good job. I was quite impresses with my stats too, even more so when I realised it was only 3 days worth not 30:).

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!