I had a late night last night. I built an RPM for my
smbpwman code but after I have published it I realiased that
I still had hard coded server names and port numbers. I
quickly invented a config file and implemented a simple
config reader which should keep people happy at this stage.
I'll polish it later.
After finishing smbpwman I figured I should get the
smbmount RPM going. Despite all my looking I could not find
any docs on "rpm -ta" but in the end I got it to do what I
wanted. My samba patches seemed to work and after a few
small build issues I had a working RPM. (Lucky I had
mercury to do the builds for me. mercury can do a kernel
diff in < 1 sec :).
Now that the client side setup is complete, I just have
to wait and see if my samba patch gets into 2.2.4 so people
can start using the unix extensions.
Today I was tasked with installing a web log analysis for
a client so I did a test install on uranus. AWstats does a
pretty good job. I was quite impresses with my stats too,
even more so when I realised it was only 3 days worth not 30:).