It's been a while since my last entry, but that is because I have been too busy working.
My SAMBA patch has been accepted so smbfs should work against the 2.2 CVS tree. Now I need to work out what needs to be done in the way of symlink security and see if I can't get that into the next SAMBA release. That way smbfs will be useful for the masses.
I also had to rebuild my dialin modem server. The modems have to stay on the staff subnet so with uranus moved I had to find a new box for the modems. I got an old Pro200 which is now doing the job nicely. I also took the opportunity to update my smb authentication plugin for pppd. New new plugin has simple config files which allow multi domain authentication and user access control and comes in an easy to install rpm.
I even sorted my problems with the bank and the interest rates have just gone up so now I get an extra %0.2 interest.