Christmas holidays are here! And fortunatley I managed to get a large amount of shopping done on Monday, leaving lots of time for coding. XClient now works pretty well in Linux; interleaved arrays + glDrawElements is working, and all the core stuff seems to be behaving. Furthermore I found the courage to autoconf/make the whole thing, there are several hacks unitl I understand autoconf properly but it does build. And most importantly, the X11 native calls have been replaced with SDL, so Mac or Be ports are now possible.
As regards Constellation, the design and basic framework coding progresses; I really need a working persistence layer so I'm going to hack one up over the next few days ... probably not a perfect solution but a reasonable one. I love the CORBA Name service; if the Notififcation service works as well I will be delighted. So I think I'm on target to have multiple client connecting by January.