The second draft of ODR is out. Comments are welcome and solicited
- project name: online disk replicator (aka odr)
- Aim: odr allows to share (read/write) a block device among several nodes. if the fs does the locking, several nodes can mount the device at the time. if nodes fail, the remaining ones try not to interupt the service.
the differences with v1 are :
- ability to have several writers at the same time.
- ability to read/write the block device during a resync phase.
- bugs in log fixed based on Stephen Tweedie's suggestions.
- strip all the fancy mecanisms to acknowledge blocks.
- the scope of odr is more clearly defined. (no quorum/lifemonitor)