So people here are still picking up their yards after the hurricane went by, a good week and a half later. It was kind of hectic because they kept making too specific predictions about where the thing would go. First, alot of people evacuated from the Tampa area to Orlando. In Daytona everyone thought it was going above Jacksonville. As it turns out, it went right through Orlando and Daytona instead. I really wish they would return to stressing the unpredictability of these things. For the most part, there was only the incovenience of downed trees, power and water outages, cancelled school, etc. around here. Fortunately, it was not a more powerful storm.
The other day I thought to myself, "I should write a quick little .xsd file to validate this XML I want to read". After visiting w3schools.com to learn what xsd was and how it works, I wrote one and then tested it. Somehow, it works differently on mono, ms.net, and xmllint, and I couldn't figure out why. Then I thought, "wow, I guess I should write a small test to see where the bug is". Of course, I could not get the test to break. Then I thought, "Ok, I need to try to write a .xsd for something else and see if that works." So I started to write one for monodoc (which only has an out of date relax-ng one), because I always wanted to be able to validate the newer slightly modified format. So I did that, and a little validate.cs file and it works also (at least for all the Gtk# docs so far). So now I will have to walk away from the original .xsd, and come back to it when my mind is fresh to figure out what went wrong on that first one. At least monodoc will have a working schema soon after I get the last kinks worked out of it, maybe it can be used to make editing more robust.