15 Sep 2001 jf   » (Journeyer)

Having finally got gnumeric to build ok with Gnome Basic support, I have now partially tracked down te reason for the seg fault. It only crashed when I tried to run the demo program (=demo()) so I rewrote the main.gba file to be a very stripped down version of the original - essentially doing nothing. This did not cause any sort of error, so I have gradually been adding commands into main.gba to see what I can do with the plugin - with a view to adding more functionality to both the gb plugin and gb itself. Adding certain commands (.Value esp) seems to cause an error, but I have not made it seg fault again yet - that will surely come later.

I dont know yet whether I can get it to build with the cvs version of gb but that is also something else to try. At least I may be able to find some time to do a little stuff at home now. I have also been looking a little at 80x86 assembly (well I have a small Hello World program written in assembly that is working - youve gotta start somewhere). Have also been looking a little at xml with a view to using it at work for marking up data that we acquire, to allow greater flexibility in data procesing for clients.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!