Spent most of yesterday and half today trying to get Docbook & sgmltools to believe in the new admonitions 'advanced' and 'readme'. Netizen currently has a kludge for it, but I wanted to create an elegant solution.
Got the DTD working just fine, very quickly. nsgmls and sgmltools understood the new admonitions and created the text just fine...
... just not in the same style as the old admonitions. Argh. Hm.
So I tried to elegantly hack the stylesheets - creating a new stylesheet file. Then I tried getting it to work at all, and hacked the files in stylesheets/docbook/nwalsh.
The errors kept changing. So I was making some progress.
But I'm stalled out. And I really should either be doing billable Netizen work, or relaxing.
I'll work on it later. :) Need to make time to sit down and /grok/ stylesheets, sgmltools and maybe jade.
Maybe I should become an SGML guru and add to the documentation on SGML - on the inner workings, rather than the how-to-write-documents.