Apache 2.0 thoughts of the moment:
Nagging question of the week: why doesn't 2.0 run smoothly on FreeBSD 3.4 for me?
Old observations from a couple of weeks back: mpmt_pthread and prefork seem to run fine; dexter hangs intermittently in select(), which never pops even though one or both conditions (readability, timeout) have been met; I imagined that there was some sick interaction between Apache and the FreeBSD user-land thread implementation
New observation: various flavors seem to hang intermittently in unknown code; truss refuses to attach to any of the children; more data required
Other issues to work on before too long:
- ab needs to do the connect() in non-blocking mode
- Commit fix to ap_sendfile() for when no header/trailer structure is provided.
- Get ap_sendfile() working with APR_SO_TIMEOUT.
- Test a few MPM flavors on Solaris x86 and OS/390; I haven't played there since returning from the beach.
Other silly stuff:
- Advagato: How do I add myself to list of developers associated with the Apache project?
- Real life: Figure out why Liam doesn't want to go to sleep at night; this is spoiling my favorite coding time :)