Hey Yahoo! Mail Users!
As you're probably aware, Yahoo! is going to start charging for pop3 access to your account. If you're like many, and haven't enabled pop3 access until now, you are probably discovering that they aren't making it obvious how to enable pop3 forwarding for you. Makes it kind of hard to get your email off their system before it becomes fee based, doesn't it?
What they aren't telling you is that until April 24th, the flag they are using to control whether you have pop3 access is still changable by you!
Here's what you do:
- Log into your Yahoo! account and go here. This should be the Marketing Preferences page.
- Enable the last option ONLY, the one that says "Special offers from selected Yahoo! partners brought to you by Yahoo! Delivers."
- Optionally, instead of items 1 and 2, you can just click this link.
- Now, you can log into the pop server pop.mail.yahoo.com with your yahoo ID and password and get all your mail off!
- Enjoy a pat on the back for beating the system
Hope that helps some of you.