22 Dec 2001 jamesh   » (Master)

I was updating my documentation generator for pygtk (the one that tries to make the C reference docs for GTK look like docs for Python). It was taking a while to process with db2html (which uses Jade to convert from SGML to HTML), so I thought I would look at using DocBook/XML and DV's xsltproc, which I had heard ran a lot quicker.

Unlike other people's experiences, the docs ended up taking over twice as long to process with xsltproc compared to jade! I suppose this was to do with the size (about 1.9MB of of XML source), and the number of cross references (the doc generation script added a lot of xrefs). On other docs I tried, xsltproc seemed noticably better.

I also found out that White Christmas made with coco pops tastes pretty good.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!