Older blog entries for infodragon (starting at number 2)

Ahh!!!!! I edited one of my older diary entries and it chaned the date! I chaned a small mistake I had. Somthing I didn't realize would happen, Oh well...

July 25: I got mozilla built and running. Right now plying with the gtk+ wrapper. After 12+ hours switching between c and c++ you start to see funny things in the code:) I don't reccommend downloading, compiling, playing/learning, accidentally mixing versions, building, breaking, building again, pulling hair ot of head, creating gtk+ app utilizing gecko for first time, and considering licensing issues between GPL and MOZPL in > 12 hours unless you have large quantities of caffeine saturated beverages available.

Anyway I look forward to tomorrow and getting some real functionality into a basic browser app utilizing gecko from todays daily build. Yea I know Galeon does it but I'd like a gtk+ light browser that doesn't rely on GNOME. I love GNOME but why integrate a light browser with it. Its suppoused to be LIGHT. Maybe if I work on the project enough I'll be able to open it up and get an awsome standalone gtk+ gecko browser. I'll call it SGGB (Standalone Gtk+ Gecko Browser). Now I'm getting silly. Too much work and caffien and not enough sleep. I'll get to bed now.
-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
I'm building mozilla from the source toay. I'm interested in getting just the gtk+ wrapper working for light browsing.

Implimentation of that protocol is really slow!

I hope to have it working in about 2 weeks, but I have a feeling that 2 weeks is a little optimistic. Hope my manager understands.
---------------------------
---------------------------
I hope nyma reads this because I have an answer to the g++ name mangling problem. I had the same problem a week ago. The function that you are exporting needs to be delcared in an extern "C" block. Here is an example...

extern "C" {
void MyNonMangledFunction ( int argc, char** argv );
}

This should stop C++ from mangaling the function names in the extern "C" block.

hope this helps nyma.

I'm gathering the requirements to a protocol from it's published specification right now. I cannot mention which one it due to the nature of the project that I am working on. When the product hits the shelves then all will be revealed... Anyway I digress... Gathering requirements from this specification is like reading 20 windbags speaking at once. I understand that the specification needs to be this way but it just seems to drag on and on and on and...

After the requirement gathering I have to implement the specification. This is the part that is going to hurt.

BTW. The dynamic loadable library functionality of Linux is just too cool. dlopen, dlsym... just totaly kick butt. My mind has exploded due to the possibilities

This is my first diary entry...

So far I really like Advogato.org. The dicussions threads are awsome with qutie a bit of good technical content. I'll be visiting more and if I like it be making more diary entrys.

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!