Older blog entries for imp (starting at number 46)

devd is nearing completion. The kernel part is done. the userland part needs to be finished yet. I have it parsing the config files. It should not take too much more effort to get devd working well. I still need to write the matching engine and the entry processing engine.

Got power control working for wi driver. I'm able to turn off the automatic level adjustments, and set the level to use. This has made one of my flaky links much happier. I don't know for sure why, but am quite happy about it. There's about a 6dB difference in signal strenth.

Cardbus is now completely loadable. There's a few issues still to work out. I hope to get devd done enough for 5.0 and then try to mop up the last issues.

Woo Hoo!!!!

The hostap stuff seems to be useful enough for people to diluge me with requests.

Time for NEWCARD again! Yea!

I spent last night integrating the WIP I have in my tree on my laptop to the p4 repo. When it jells more, I'll commit to -current.

I've also been putting the final touches on OLDCARD. I keep wanting to kick it into long term, low level maint mode, but issues keep coming up :-).

It looks like once the IRQ issues are settle wrt ACPI, we'll have other issues with PCI resource allocation. Already many PCI cards behind bridges do not work completely right if the BIOS doesn't assign an address. And assigning an address to them is problematical because of bridge issues. I need to think about the right way to deal soon.

Until then, I'm trying to get the ISA only and PCI I/O mapped pcmcia bridges in shape. Gives me time to think about the best way to do things.

Crunch mode coming to an end. I've managed to MFC -current's man pages at least, but some bugs will remain in 4.6-release.

Too much work to do at work for free software hacking. I did manage to MFC the wi man page changes.

No MobilePro hacking today. The battery died so I have to wait til I can dig up the adapter for it.

More MFC work to do on the host access point stuff. Also need to find out why an based cards don't work.

I've merged the new driver into -stable. Now, to fix wicontrol, the docs, etc. I think I'll use, under the BSD license properlly attributed, the OpenBSD docs since they are better than what we have in FreeBSD right now.

Also have the MobilePro 780 working again. I'm mostly happy. Now if I could just get X working with the new kernel.

Hostap stuff merged into current. MFC coming soon!

Merging in the OpenBSD fixes to the wihostap tonight

Committed the hostap stuff to wi for prism2 cards to FreeBSD last night.

Working on IRQ intline stuff.

37 older entries...

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!