Committed the pci attachment code a few days ago. it is going well.
Found out some interesting things and now have the cards not interrupt storming. There are some issues in getting the cards to actually work, but I'm working on that.
Much more hacking on OLDCARD. I have a contract to get the pci cards working under 4.x.
I have most of an implementation together, but it suffers from some interrupt storming issues that I'm still investigating.
It has been a while since I've had time to write here.
My latest hacking has been in some end of life honing for the oldcard system. I've cleaned up many of the constants that were scattered through the source after finally finding the datasheets for most of the parts that were being so identified.
It also looks like it should be possible to share the managment and card interrupts. I'm looking into various possibilities here and will prototype them in the OLDCARD system. With this in place, I should be able to support the pci cards to a limited extent with OLDCARD.
BSDcon was good this year. Gave me a chance to help get the CARDBUS stuff into the tree. NEWCARD still has problems with 16-bit cards, but those should work themselves out shortly.
Got the chance this past weekend to work on porting an older wavelan card to -current from PAO. I'm getting close on this and hope to have something to really test in the next few days.
It looks like some of the changes to -current has really busted NEWCARD. I've not had the energy to go looking for why that might be.
More newcard stuff. I've hit many different issues in trying to get the NEWCARD drivers probing/attaching. I'm finding that many little niggling issues have come up over the course of trying to keep the same driver ABI for NEWCARD and OLDCARD.
I've added a level of indirection to make it possible to have slightly different probe/attach for OLDCARD and NEWCARD. It should also allow us to have more control in NEWCARD while still allowing simple probe routines.
Working hard to get my BSDcon paper written, before some of the code, before the September 10th deadline for its inclusion in the proceedings. Also trying to get NEWCARD hacking time under my belt so that the paper can reflect the reality of the code in about a month's time.
Also using my SO hat to get the raft of %X issues that have been coming up in the past few weeks resolved. Things have been busy.
More incremental hacking on NEWCARD. In addition, I've been given a PCI PCMCIA bridge (based on a Cirus logic part) by shigeru yamamoto-san on my trip to japan. I finally found a machine to install it into and it appears that some work will need to be done with this card before I can use it. I also purcahsed from ebay a pci pcmcia card based on the TI1031 part. At least I can get a datasheet for this card.
I've also received enough of a contract to convert the older wavelan pcmcia cards that PAO used to support. This should help bring one more thign in from PAO.
The TI1225 based pci cardbus bridge card is still hanging. It looks like I'll need to do a lot of work to make this happen in OLDCARD. NEWCARD looks like it would be easier to deal with, especially with yamamoto-san's pci BIOS work.
Finally, I have also been given a 4 serial 1 parallel port PCI card. I'll see if I can get it working with the sio driver. Man, I just have too many irons in the fire.
New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.
Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.
If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!