Not many people ever heard of canoe polo (for example here).
We allways have canoe polo training a monday's night, normaly after 7 O'Clock. In the summer we train outside in a small lake. In the winter we do train in a swimming pool. Until now we could train outside, but in a few weeks that is impossible because then it is getting dark at 6 O'clock. The canoe club does many other thinks like whitewater and flat water touring. Since few months I'am the web master of the club. Currently I'am redesigning the site. I think I make a CMS system for it (I can use an existing one but it is just more fun to make your own).(Btw it is not the new zealand site I gave before. It is a dutch site actually)
Secure programming part I
I'am not a software safety expert but there are some few things I can say about it.
First, it is inportant that there are about 4 different kind of safety bugs in software:
1) User/Admin errors
3) Wrong protocols
4) A mixture of 2 and 3.
Second there a some things you can do avoiding security bugs:
1) Look at the kind of softare your are going to build:
Every type of software has his own rules how to build safe software
2) Look at every bit of the software where security bugs can appear.
For example when a buffer is used, ask your self are there any buffer overflows.
3) Wich data the program is used is untrusted? How can I make this data trusted when I need it.
4) How can I use mine toolset save? What kind of errors I can make.
5) Build your program in such way that it is easy to check where security bugs are(TODO: how).
That are a few things what came on mine mind when I though about how to make a secure software. Hmm need to search Internet if other had wrote about this... I think there is much more, but I have used mine brain to much today so i'am stopping....