26 Feb 2004 iDunno   » (Journeyer)

Coo - something I did appears to be working quite well. Last night we sent an e-mail out to our customers telling them of a new service we had set up called "Cle@nMail", basically this uses SpamAssassin and ClamAV to filter the users e-mail in to 2 seperate boxes, .spam and .non-spam, the bit I wrote is the front end (currently in php, planning to do a rewrite elsewhere in python sometime) which allows the user to log in to the website and view the .spam and .non-spam mailboxes, and use sa-train to train SpamAssassin. Our customers appear to have wanted this for a while, we've setup a few today already, we weren't actually going to launch it till the 1st March, but hey, it's there, it works, now just to get the customer feed back :)

It uses clammailfilter.pl to do the virus scanning, it seems to work quite well (it's a smallish perl script I cobbled together, still needs working on, but doesn't everything?), and it seems to have stopped me from getting any crap :)

All in all, it's not been a bad day, and we're stil getting calls from people after our service :)

On a different note, now that the panicing is over, I'll be playing with my bloggy code on sommitrealweird some more, so that I can (eventually) actually have something nice and usable and light to aggegrate other feeds :)

Right - that's it for now - I'm going back to working on the signup for Cle@nMail, it needs to be in place for monday ;)

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!