Come to AdaCamp DC, July 10–11
From the Ada Initiative blog:
© Bernt Rostad, CC Attribution
AdaCamp DC will be July 10 – 11, 2012, in Washington DC, co-located with Wikimania 2012. We are likely to have more applications than available slots, so apply now to have the best chance of attending. Applications close June 15 (May 11 for those requesting travel assistance).
Who should apply
AdaCamp DC will bring together a wide variety of people from open technology and culture, all of whom are working to support women in open tech/culture. We’re looking for people who:
- Participate in open technology and culture: any field involving open/grassroots/community participation and sharing the results of your work for free: open data, open source software, wikis, open government, open libraries, remix/fan culture, open video, and more
- Can share information about women’s experiences in that field, including talking about women’s achievements and the challenges they face
- Want to work together and share strategies to support and promote women in the field
- Share the Ada Initiative’s feminist approach to supporting and promoting women in open technology and culture
- Are young and old; students, professionals and hobbyists; from a diverse range of backgrounds; and reflect the breadth of the open technology and culture field
AdaCamp is open to people of all genders. However, since AdaCamp and the Ada Initiative exist to support and promote women in open technology and culture, prospective attendees who are not themselves women will need to demonstrate a high level of prior engagement and experience with the issues faced by women in those fields in order to be invited.
Interested in becoming an AdaCamp sponsor? Email us at email@example.com and we will send you more information on the benefits of sponsorship.