It took me the last evening to vote for the Gnome foundation board of director. I've decided to post it there my choices. I don't expect someone will care about that but in one year i will be able to review which people I choose and why.
- Bart Decrem has set up the Gnome foundation. Not
a hacker but more a coordinator guy. We need at least on guy
- Kjartan Maraas coordinator of the i18n stuff.
need at least ony guy like him so that english speaking
people do not forget there is other language out there :);
- Miguel de Icaza no comment;
- John Heard, Sun has released as free software
such a big and important piece of software that need a lot
of work for integration with Gnome. We need at least on
link-people with this project;
- Havoc Pennington, he's an hacker and he
have good communication skill, two good reason to get him
- James Henstridge, he's an hacker and among
things he gave Gnome the ability to speak Pyhton! One
important stuff to make Gnome more easily used by apprentice
- George Lebl, hum not sure I should vote for
but I like his sense of humour. After beeing a director, I'm
afraid he will no more contribute code for Dr.Genius;
- Ettore Perazzoli, can't remember why I vote
him. Ah yes! For two good reasons: he's an hacker and
italian! He also says: "Make Gnome a success outside the
US" but well this is cheap word.;
- Owen Taylor, author of ORBIT stuff and
developper in GTK & Pango;
- Daniel Veillard, I was not really sure to get
Daniel in. Finally, I choose him because he has connection
with standard stuff as the W3C and well he's french as me.
After all, these are two good reasons to get him in. Getting
a french director in the board can have some meaning and
invluence in our "gargantuesque" administration. Also he
- Jim Gettys has good experience concerning the
development and failure of the past GUI on UNIX. His
experience will be very valuable to avoid the mistake that
lead to this failure.
The people I choose are all but two technicians.
I try to balance the technical ability so the board has an excellent overall knowledge on Gnome. The exception are only Jim, Bart, John but these ones have skill the other don't have. I also try to balance the geographic repartion and get some director from europe. I'm just disappointed we don't get candidate from asia.