Finally I have a weekend with lots of time to spend on stuff I like. Three days ago I started a small project about code generation, my aim: deliver a small tool that creates GObject code to handle a Document Object Model (DOM). Well, there's alreday stuff like gdome... one might say, but my aims differ from gdome such as I don't want to have one generic API to access the DOM (which can be bloating your source code by adding code that's not as beautiful as possible).
Talking about presentation stuff, I want to achieve this:
- Generate a special API for one XML Schema
- Provide load/save and (un)seriallization code for this
So this should result in something like this:
- Have an object-based API to access the DOM
- Reduce coding erros by automatically generating the code
- Provide automatically working load/save support for files
So I could end up with some XSLT sheets to convert other XML based format into the criawips format and have a nice API for the application and for importers of other formats.
The result (generating classes with xsd:string and xsd:boolean attributes) can be found at my website.