Another Monday morning. Got out of a cab downtown this morning and a homeless man shouted "Uh oh! Here comes the KGB!" about me. I know the black leather coat may seem a bit menacing, but the idea of me being an ominous agent is laughable (I don't really have the build for it). Girlfriend gets to go to an arts reception at Peter Norton's (of Utilities fame) swank New York apartment tonight. I'm a bit jealous.
rsousa, I would have to agree about "Dancer in the Dark". At first, I alternated between thinking it was brilliant and idiotic. By the end, I was left speechless. It's really like nothing else I've seen, although some people hated it. It certainly doesn't seem like it should work:
- Musical about a poor immigrant losing her sight
- Untested actor (has Bjork been in anything before?)
- Grainy and jerky digital film
- Several depressing plot twists
- Complete lack of ironic detachment
- Did I mention it's somehow a musical?