Yesterday morning I was rather rudely awakened.
By fire engines.
In front of my apartment.
But fret not! It was one of the restaurants across the street from my apartment. I stumbled to the window and couldn't see any fire or smoke, and the patrons were impatiently standing out right in front of the restaurant, so I figured it was probably a grease fire or something and didn't bother to take any pictures.
My suspicions were confirmed when I asked what happened today. The odd thing, though, is that in the last month, both restaurants across the street have caught fire. Both have been grease fires, and one caused $800,000 in damage.
Today's lesson: Don't fuck around with grease.