1 May 2004 hadess   » (Master)

Following hub's lead, I got tmdns up and running. After a lot of teeth-grinding, it happens so that the mdk-provided patch I blindly applied broke the local resolves. That'll teach me. So getting from my Linux desktop machine to my laptop and vice-versa via .local names works fine.

Getting service discovery working is another pickle. I could discover services I created myself, see outside services, but Safari just refused to connect to the services I created.
Half-an-hour later
I managed to create an HTTP service and my local machine shows up nicely in Safari, and I can load the page (the half-way there syndrom). Bags'o'tricks. Need to get yakk to review my small patch. Hopefully that'll get him going again.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!