Update: Wicked, somebody designed a decent one!
Update: watched Happy, Texas. The start of the Mozilla plugin is in CVS.
Been cleaning up my data and my papers, it's incredible the amount of crap and funny stuff that you can find again. Absurd things, and even better, a mail I received nearly a year ago.
Came across the attached picture today. Who is the guy in the photo? Any chance that his mom was a Peace Corps Volunteer in the early 80's in Latin America?
Arf, no, actually my parents are Vietnam war veterans that hire themselves as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, maybe you can hire them.
In unrelated news, I posted a TODO item for Totem on gnome-love. Hopefully people will hook on to it. No luck with the Mozilla plugin, it doesn't want to give me a stream. Bugger.
Watched Matrix Revolutions, it was so bad that I even think the Ewoks party was better.
Federico, you should also add a convenience function for _NETSCAPE_URL types of dnd.
Finished off the error collapsing on open in xine-lib, with the associated code in Totem. Spent some time playing with Mozilla plugins and XEMBED. Doesn't seem to work in my version, so I had to add more crackrock. Still a very localised one, which isn't that bad.
My nemesis is still alive. But Totem made it into Mandrake 10's feature list. Development is going pretty smoothly, apart from a few naughty bugs that I will need time to pin down. More error handling work in xine-lib. Next stop is to collapse the error messages to only get one message if a error event occurs on open(), and a rework of the CD information retrieval (no more hangs when loading up an audio CD for the first time).
Family Guy is piss-funny. Season 1 was on sale, and it's definitely a good buy.
After an afternoon of gross hacks, and recompilations, I'm getting closed to fixing another of my Xlib bug nemesis. The main problem now is, how on earth do I enable thread debugging in Xlib without recompiling the whole stack above it. And most of all, how to fix the bug. Urgh, I hate this code.
Committed my super-duper xine-lib patch, and the Totem bits as well. CVS Totem now requires xine-lib CVS.
While we're on the subject, I'd like feedback on USound, a new sound server that seems to focus on what GNOME wants. Only the network transparency bit is missing. Probably not the hardest bit to write.
Without much time, I managed to kill some long-standing bugs/wishlists in Totem: better error messages when the audio device is busy, decent error message when libdvdcss isn't installed and the DVD is encrypted (trust me, that was a silly one), 2 possible crashers, and some memory leaks/valgrind whorage. I just need to commit my patch to xine-lib, and Totem will be en-route for a release soon after xine-lib's stuff is released.
Watched Princess Bride, after seeing it on the IMDB top250, and a thumbs-up from Telsa (a looong time ago).
That, and ManU knocked Arsenal out. Whoohoo!
Watched Princess Mononoke, Y tu mama tambien, Dirty Harry and Starsky and Hutch. What's worse is that the latter was the best film on show at the cinema I hadn't seen yet. Scary. Quite fortunate there's the video.
Looked at cars this week-end, maybe that's what I was missing to become a responsible adult, or something. Managed to fix one little tinsy-weensy buglet in the Totem ASX playlist parsing yesterday, and that's about it.
New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.
Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.
If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!