So, I finally get my 802.11b wireless USB network adapter working on my Debian. I had made the mistake of trying to use the Atmelwlandriver on Sourceforge. I recompiled my kernel, I did this, I did that, the program wouldn't compile automagically, the instructions were confusing and so on. I then try at76c503a by Joerg Albert and Oliver Kurth and everything works right away. So anyhow it works. And right after that, I try to do a minor change and the networking for it breaks on my Windows box. This thing has the worst drivers for Windows, I have no idea how I ever got it working on either of my Windows boxes.
After a few months of being busy, I'm checking back on Gnutizen. I had to get myself a bootstrap of good hosts which didn't take too long, although some of the web bootstrap hosts going down didn't help. Unfortunately my last CVS up was after I broke the program so I've been looking to see what I did to break it. I seem to have narrowed it down to my attempt to break down a 324 line functions into smaller parts. Of course, a function with 324 lines is far longer than the 48 line maximum that Mr. Torvalds recommends. Which is why I was (and still am) trying to shrink it. I just have to shrink it without breaking things.