3 Apr 2004 gnutizen   » (Journeyer)

My development of Gnutizen has been off again, on again. Actually, the only real CVS updates I made since September 2002 when I put it on Sourceforge, were in April/May of last year (2003) when I ported it to Linux and made a hack for the htons() call, ignored SIGPIPE/EPIPE signals (which I believe is normal to do), and also made changes so Microsoft's C/C++ compiler would compile it under Windows, and not just gcc/mingw compilers.

Since then I have been mostly working to focus on fixing problems in the existing application before adding new features.

However, getting other servents to connect to has been more of a problem as time goes on. My servent starts with a cache (an out-of-date one nowadays), and finds hosts only by pong (not 0.6 protocol methods like X-Try or X-Try-Ultrapeers, or web caching, or other methods). It also seems to be rejected by Limewire version 3 servents and Bearshare servents - perhaps because it does not know QRP or something. I've been spending the time I've spending on it in the past weeks just finding some servents to connect it to. That's coming along, I will see how it goes. Then I will try to fix bugs. Hopefully the big clients phasing out people using older protocol stuff is not at the point where I have to add QRP and the like, as I'd prefer to try and get the bugs out first.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!