Older blog entries for fufie (starting at number 6)

Got approved a sourceforge entry for CCLAN (Comprehensive Common Lisp Archive Network) which is to Common Lisp what CPAN is to Perl. Currently only working with Debian, but it's a start. 25 packages before it was announced is also pretty good. Hopefully people will help out to make things easier for Common Lisp hackers.

Gumband seems to be the first Angband variant to include the named-slime-molds patch. It added a few names. Cool. :-)

Very tired now, but I got an URL which said that ESR was impressed with our pigeon-project RFC 1149 where I was helping out as best I could. It was fun, albeit a bit cold and long waiting.

As I am tired now, I tend to do silly-things, like writing a patch to the Angband roguelike which automagically names all slime molds so you can have them as pets. Names give off some personality. It probably will never be accepted in the serious mainstream Angband but hopefully a few variants pick it up.

Don't really know what to do today. Oh and yes, I added some simple ISO-8859-1 support to Angband yesterday to have Sméagol and Nazgûl and even my own name Sandø. It's probably unportable to obscure systems which Angband runs on, but for Langband which runs on more modern systems it might be an option to make things run with UTF-8 or UTF-16. This will also allow for more fanciful names and more wilde characters to bump into in the game.

Well now, I should get back to this compiler.

So.. what have I done the last couple of weeks that's been open-source related? I released yet another version of Langband which had the first version of the save/load code needed.

Then I got a kick that I needed to make some Debian-packages of lisp-code and till now I have made debian-packages (using common-lisp-controller) of PORT in CLOCC, Binary-Types, XPTest for CL and two Langband-packages. The last one was tricky.

But, doing these things don't help much. I feel lousy.

Wasted even more time I don't have and added lots of gameplay to Langband and eventually there was enough for yet another release. Now I must do something serious!!

13 Apr 2001 (updated 13 Apr 2001 at 18:54 UTC) »

I took time I didn't have and worked on Langband. Optimised a lot of the Lisp-code and removed much of the garbage production which I am satisfied with. In the process I also uncovered a few bugs and fixed some of them. All in all two productive Free Software days.

Oh and yes.. I also released v0.0.9 of Langband which also includes the port to CLISP I did last month.

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!