I have just built AbiWord as a shared library - the UNIX version, totalling just over 9MB.
It's strange to be working on a non-Cocoa build of AbiWord - must be about two years since I last did this. I remember (oh years and years ago, when I was but a twinkle in my parents' eyes) turning AbiWord (version 1, I think) into a library; this was the gtk1.2 version which I was maintaining on OSX 10.1 or something similarly prehistoric. This was before I discovered how to link plugins to executables on Darwin and I had the idea of turning Abi into a library. Can't remember whether it worked, but I do remember that compile time su-... er, wasn't good. Hardware is better these days, though.