Mobile Internet using my Nokia E71 and Debian GNU/Linux
I never expected connecting to Globe's 3G network using Debian GNU/Linux Unstable and my trusty Nokia E71 to be a walk in the park, but I was dead wrong. Configuring the connection via Gnome's Network Manager applet proved to be a breeze.
- Right click on the Network Manager icon, and select Edit Connections
- Connect the Nokia E71 via USB cable to your PC. Make sure you select the PC Suite mode of operation in the phone when prompted.
- Select the Mobile Broadband tab and click the Add button. A popup will appear and show the Nokia E71 as one of the options.
- In the username and password, provide the values globe, and set the APN to internet.globe.com.ph. Save the connection (for me I labeled it as Nokia E71 - Globe).
- The Mobile Broadband option for your new 3G connection is now ready! Select it from the options in the Network Manager applet and enjoy your 3G connection.