Ok the day has not continued so negatively as I expected. I found the problem about curl on my main Intel machine. Because I updated glibc to 2.3.1 some days before it was not working anymore. I recompiled curl and everything was fine.
I also fixed perl on my laptop. Do not ask me how. I simply installed some Bundles and problems were gone and I can now continue to prepare the Seminar.
I also sent a bunch of patches to Clifford fixing another half a ton of packets in the Dietlibc target. Next package that has to be fixed is linux-utils.
Today (as for now)
I forced me to get to the university and hear the "Basic Algorithms" lecture. It was pretty interesting all in all. The guy was talking about searchtrees and operation complexity on them. That is not really hard but amusing.
Now I am hungry -> hunting ;-)