I post my first diary entry today. It will hopefully not be the last one. One thing that I would appreciate in the diary is that others can comment your diary entry's.
Today was my lucky day I finally found a bug that prevented gcc 3.2.1 to compile under dietlibc. Now I am one step closer to the dietlibc target in RockLinux.
It was not an error in dietlibc at the beginning but a stupid gnu extination to getcwd command. gcc3 is using this command in fixincl helper program. That the standard inconformance of glibc allowed the program to run correctly, but under dietlibc it was not working. Now I created a patch and sent it to the rock mailinglist. We will see what others will say. But as I know them Clifford will simply apply it and that is it ;-)
Now I should finally write the proseminar talk. I really do not know how. But I should make it till tomorrow evening. But I would prefere to fix md5 packet in the dietlibc target now. I want to finish that target. I started it so I have to finish. The only problem is that fixing all the problems in this are very difficult because they are not really straight forward and I have to learn the interna of the packets I fix and that consumes tons of time.
Ok off to hacking ;-)