Wow, July went fast. I spend most time with my family. Still a few news from the development front. I worked mostly on wavetable view. It now features more proper sample playback. I wrote a memory audio source for GStreamer. It supports forward and backward playback. This is needed for e.g. ping-pong loops. Also now changing things takes effect while a sample plays. Our waveform widget also shows a playback pointer and loop markers. I also got around to unify and merge duplicated note conversion code. You know, when you've copied something the 3rd time, its time to refactor.
Earlier this month I refactored the song-io plugin API a bit. It has now more metadata. This helps the UI to setup file and recent filters. Unfortunately I had to find out that the mime-type detection in glib was broken. Its at least fixed in trunk. No idea since when it actually worked. As a workaround I am now adding "*.xml" to the filters.