Progress! Remember, we had some gstreamer blockers I wrote about last month. First the mute, solo, bypass stuff seems to work. I need to write tests for it now ;) The seeking did not managed to be solved in gstreamer-0.10 but its been looked at now, so we're optimistic.
In the last month's news I also wrote about the recording feature. It turned out to be not as difficult as I thought. And voila - buzztard can record songs as ogg, mp3, wav, flac and raw ;)
Implementing the record feature made me aware that machine settings and preferences GUI can't handle enums. So thats now fixed too. You can try this out yourself. Load one of the simpleX.xml testfiles and switch the waveform of the genarator while playing.
Next I'll do some cleaning up and see if we can get seeking done.
I've done a gtk-doc day today. First I spent some time fixing bugs. I've finally posted patches and ideas to fix 3 bugs. Next I added more content to the manual. I belive its already much more complete, than the fragments of information we had before. While doing the manual I added several questions to my todo list and started to go over the sources to find answers. Tricky.
Then I changed my mind and started to set up unit-tests for gtk-doc. The idea is to have a sample project with all kinds of doc-comments. That test-drives gtk-doc and also serves as a reference. It already works, but there are some cosmetic issues to be resolved before it can go in. Quite nice so far.