11 Feb 2010 ensonic   » (Master)


I couldn't really concentrate one a single task this months. Thus I ended up with lots of small changes here and there. First obvious change is that buzztard got an over-engineered tip-of-the-day dialog. I takes extra care to present tips in random order, without repeating tips before you have seen them all. I also played a bit with parasite - the cool gtk ui introspector and noticed that my dialogs are inconsistently layouted. Well, fixed now.

Besides I did lots of small cleanups and refactorings. GStreamer pipelines load faster as I now link pads directly (not elements). This also gives me better diagnostics if it goes wrong. I could get rid of some dead code, removed a lot of double checking and generally lowered the amount of gobject runtime type checks. I also turned some more objects into proper gobject singletons. This way I don't need to pass them around anymore.

Finally I wrote some test code in preparation of adding device selection to the audio settings (like selecting the alsa device). Need to make a plan of how to store the selection for multiple sinks.

173 files changed, 6014 insertions(+), 5939 deletions(-)

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!