I went over pending bugs and fixed a couple more parser errors. The testsuite is definitely helping. The I also had a stab on one feature request - print warnings for failed xrefs. This would be helpful to fix typos in the doc comments that were intended as links, but don't become ones. It was easy to add the warnings, but unfortunately it produced lots of false positives. This is mainly because gtk-doc also creates implicit links. Almost one week later I had most of them under control and now the amount of false positives is quite low. I pushed my ohloh score by fixing the found issues already in gstreamer core/base and in buzztard. You can do the same in other libs. If noone complains any further I intend to release gtk-doc 1.12 this year still :)
I made a nice change to the pipeline graph builder - It now uses a fixed internal format (float 32bit). This allows us to avoid plugging audioconvert elements in wires and machines. Now we plug them only if the machine cannot support the internal format. This gives 7 -> 1 sec speedup for load & play of e.g. Aenathron.bmx.
In general also plain to wav rendering is now quite fast. On my AMD64 @ 1.8GHz the 11:45 min. song renders in 45 sec. and on my Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz it takes 28 sec..
The rest of the month I spent a lot of time on project maintenance, improving the api-docs and writing more test. Regarding the latter, I got the test coverage improved a lot. Writing automated tests for some areas is quite tough though.
Then I also made a small change in the UI. All context menus can now be invoked via a popup menu button in the toolbar above (machine, pattern and sequence view), this makes it more usable on touchscreen devices.