i switched to safari from chimera/camino. i hacked the binary to send the google search box to my bookmarks/keyword server. unless the google box is a sponsored deal, i imagine they'll add keyword features to it in future versions.
my love affair with lisp continues. i rewrote my bookmark parsing code from chimera format to safari. at first the safari plist seemed overly verbose, but it maps well to lisp lists and hashs.
it's nice to iteratively develop code. come up with a theory, code it quickly, revise theory, recode it, etc. much faster than it would have taken me to figure out my first malloc() in c.
over the last couple of months, i bought .5Tb of disk space and ripped my entire cd collection (1200+) to raw aiff files. then wrote a script that will keep that in sync with an mp3 (320kbps currently) version of that tree. then i sync 90% of that to my 120G empeg player using rsync.
hopefully i'll never have to rip those cds again. once i figure out enough applescript to automate encoding to AAC using quicktime, i'll do that. then use those files for my ipod.
i plan to write scripts that will automate playlist->cdr creation using itunes. instead of burning the mp3, it'll find the original aiff file and use that.