Sifted through 350 messages waiting in my Inbox. There's a few OpenSSH-related things still to be dealt with, but most could be filed. Started looking at the outstanding PAM-related issues.
After the Swen.W32 spam-a-thon (which peaked at 1 every 30 seconds or so, see previous diary entry) I've made my spam filtering more savage and for the first time I'm sending spam straight to the bit-bucket (anything scoring 15+ on the spam-o-meter). It seems like admitting defeat. I used to report every spam I got, then when I started using spamassasin, just the ones that got past it. I rarely got a response. Now I just use spamassassin -r to submit any getting past the filters to DCC. If it wasn't for filtering, my email would be totally unusable. Even that only reduces the human cost and hides the bandwidth and storage costs. The spam didn't start until I started posting to public mailing lists and has got steadily worse. I guess it's the cost of working on a public project.