I recently decided it was time to start working on an XML Schema for Xmldoom. This led me down a path I never knew existed. First, I started working with the XML Schema format from W3C because I thought it was the "standard". The format was difficult to understand but I did manage to learn how to use it. Then I started looking for a validator so that I could test my schemas. I tried xmllint (from libxml2) because I was always very fond of libxml2 from my SAGElib days. Anyway, it coughed on some things I thought should *definitely* had worked. So I searched there mailing list for infos and found that W3C support was incomplete but Relax-ng support was complete. At first I thought, "Oh man, I have to find a new validator." Then I read another post on the libxml2 mailing list, bashing the W3C format altogether and supporting Relax-NG. After battling all day with the W3C format, the arguments rang clear.
And now, I am a relax-ng man! Expect Xmldoom schemas very soon.