Just signed up for this after peer pressure from the Debian Cabal... oh, wait... I didn't say that, you didn't hear it.
Today was the best day I've had for boot-floppies in quite a while. I got an almost functional Debian/PowerPC set uploaded (barring some screwups with libdb2 and psmisc), and I've fixed a couple dozen things since then - I hope to do another set in two days or so.
Pending for them:
- Fix control-U in Newt - done, NMU pending.
- Fix dependencies on the base system - done.
- Add yaboot and ybin and hfsutils to the root and base disks - done, but requires ftpmaster intervention
- Partitioning fixes - simplify creating a bootstrap partition - todo
- Bootloaders - Actually try to CONFIGURE yaboot, or at least describe it, during the install - todo
- Documentation, documentation, documentation
There's another build running now. Time will tell how much I messed up this time through.
Root.bin still fits on a floppy - by a very lucky 2112 bytes. Can you say "close call"?