Librsvg 2.13.2 was released late last night, it has a rewritten text subsystem and now supports trefs, it also judges the size of unspecified sized images far better and parsing should be a little more robust with malformed input. Also, dimensions specified in the SVG that are specified relative to the viewport or dpi are handled far better. Internally it's a hell of a lot cleaner as we consolidate the core in preparation for DOM level 1 support. Dynamic SVG support is getting very close with recent work, I sure hope people actually use it when we support it. Also this version has improved external reference support when used with the rsvg command, the command line utility is no longer worse than the x program/browser plugin at handling relative paths for resources.
I installed Tango a few days ago, I find it to be very nice, though to be honest I think I'll switch back to Gartoon soon since it's just so much of an awesome theme. For some reason I'm not to fussed on those grey folders, but that's just personal preference. Despite the grey folders, I think it possesses style, consistency and class. Now I think about it, I'm not fussed on the "lock screen" icon either but you know, worse things happen at sea. Tango also lead to my weirdest experience ever on bugzilla when I fixed a bug relating to tango but everyone else involved did not want to let me close it because I refused to acknowledge that it was a major problem before I fixed it. I don't know if this was sort of like a Alcoholics Anonymous step one of twelve where recovery cannot be made unless the problem was acknowledged. Or maybe everyone finally got sick of my insufferable arrogance and are trying to teach me a little humility, I don't know.
While I'm talking about bugs I've fixed, I'm amazed to see Philip Langdale making a second blog mention about a single closed bug in librsvg, especially when that bug was invoked by the misspelling of "in" as "id" in the document in question. Of cause we are grateful that this bug has been disclosed so it could be fixed, because our library should not crash on any input, no matter how unlikely. But to be honest I still don't get why the file in question was not adjusted by simply having a single line changed to work around the bug (and make the file make a lot more sense) but then again that's none of my business. I guess he's just trying to let everybody know that the crash isn't his fault, which is very fair in this situation. By the way, the version of librsvg 2.12 that fixed that problem came out in Ubuntu a couple of days after it was reported iirc. But then again, this may be just another case of me trying to understate the severity of bugs for my own personal gratification.
Magic Eye renderer
I renamed my deformed pattern stereogram renderer "Palantír", which is like the most awesome name for a renderer ever (in my personal opinion). I havn't actually brought out a version with that name, but I wanted to boast about the name I'm using anyhow. I sure hope Tolkien's estate doesn't have a crack team of lawyers out to kick my butt over this though. The next version to be released will use diffuse lighting for preview generation instead of making a heightmap. I've modified it to be able to render things in front of the focal plane, so they actually pop out at the viewer when seen with crossed (rather than diverged) eyes. As far as I know, I'm the first person to ever create images like this which is really cool and it is all open source of cause. You can see the stanford bunny in this way here.
I still don't have my cheap Nokia 770 yet, which sucks because I've already written stuff for it. It's probably because I live in Australia, I might have to get one by proxy.