Last night I started on a long-needed migration to merge my two main web sites. Mostly, I started organizing my older site at deirdre.org -- which is mostly five years old -- and barely touched the newer one.
One of the things I needed, when I looked through the whole list of files, most of which I realized weren't linked to *anything*, was that I needed something to tell me what wasn't referenced on the site. You might say the opposite of wget -r. So I wrote one, which you can find here.
One of the spookier things I found was a .wav file of my late husband. It was VERY odd listening to it. I'd forgotten he'd sounded *that* British.
As the elder site has gone through being migrated several times (from sover.net to lightlink.com and finally to deirdre.org), a whole bunch of the references have gotten screwed up along the way naturally. And some of the site logically suggests dynamic content such as PHP. But a lot of what I've done has been lost in the site or not included at all and I wanted a clearer organization to the whole thing. Plus, if it's easier to maintain it more likely will be....
We've really been burning the midnight oil -- Rick and I got home last night at around 9 pm and Rick fell asleep immediately. We'd both been at work for 12 hours, then went to dinner. So yesterday was literally a wake-work-sleep day, though a bit more for him than for me.