Yesterday I was ill, but dragged myself to the computer and started to play with Microwindows. I realised after an hour with the magnifying glass that the problem with Microwindows was the endianess of the pixel representation. I hacked a really dirty piece of code to convert it, and it worked, well kindof (don't you just hate that!). The pixels were all perfectly aligned, but the thing is the lines (horizontal and vertical) are all screwy, I'm just looking into where the low level pixel drawing routine is, and then incorporate my hack into it to change every screen write.
I found a patch for the Psion kernel, so I now have 2bpp and 4bpp fb support, the screwed up microwindows display look a bit better :)
Oh, and managed to screw up the filesystem on the CF again, I hope the power managment issues get sorted soon ,as this is doing my nut in!