9 Sep 2000 darkworm   » (Journeyer)

I finally managed to get the CF working, a patch will be on my FTP space at SuSE soon, once I have tidied it up a bit.

Well, after destroying my Psion yesterday, I was in a bit of a bad mood. I tried to replace the main batteries, to no avail, same for the backup battery. So instead of working on the code, I decided to give the main Psion Linux site an overhaul, it is here. I'll just wait for the guys on the list to make up their minds as to use it or not :)

Anyway, back to the main point, I decided to open up the Psion to see if there was something loose. I took out the Simm like board in there, looked like main memory and then clean up the connectors, and lo and behold, it worked!!!

So now I'm at home with the Psion working nicely!

I'm now working on getting a good solid base distro together, before starting work on a GUI, nano-x seems like the best option, as GTK is ported to it, and also FLTK, for C and C++ lovers.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!