Older blog entries for daniels (starting at number 176)


konq and lj - bad interactions: I use LiveJournal a fair bit, mainly as an aggregator for various friends' journals. So, 90% of what I do with the LJ site is going to the aforementioned URL and reading. The other 10% is adding friends.

Konq chooses to always show the top JavaScript menu, taking up the top three rows. And display most of the text from half a line above the first menu. This means I have to guess whether I did what I wanted to right or not, and have to spend about a minute playing around with moving my mouse around the menus until the button I want to click becomes visible, and not hidden behind all the menus. Grr.

nanasawa is coming into work very soon for a dist-upgrade (no more Gentoo), and a new KDE snapshot. Hopefully this one plays nicely with LJ. (20:05 | #)
jdub: Depends on your point of view, really. Personally, I'd say Ballmer's right; for Microsoft, it is about a viable business, not a viable industry. Personally, my motivations are: a) viable industry, b) good times [the people are fantastic, by and large], c) disposing of spare time while having fun, d) fame, e) fortune. Of course, it would be nice if everyone worked together and had a nice, viable, industry built on love.

But these are *people* we're talking about.
nymia: aseigo is a senior KDE developer, indeed.
30 Oct 2003 (updated 31 Oct 2003 at 01:00 UTC) »
a debian developer, and some responses
So, a few days ago, I became a Debian Developer, after three and a half years. Yay, and stuff. Unfortunately, I got my secret decoder ring right as exams started, ugh.

liedra: Aren't green P's for primary producers, who can't take passengers?
sxpert: Please take it off Advogato.

Random rambling: Been using GNOME (not by choice), trying to like it, failing. The "let's hide away anything useful in GConf" attitude, the buggy autohide on the panel, gnome-terminal ... it's way too obnoxious to be able to use regularly.

(00:10 | dylan & ink - california curse (technical itch remix) | #)
8 Oct 2003 (updated 9 Oct 2003 at 12:19 UTC) »
pyblosxom->{advogato,lj} propagation working
So, I finally got around to looking at my Pyblosxom stuff again, and ended up fixing my propagation script to work. It sorts through all the day's entries, works out via the #propagate header where they're destined to, and sends them to my Advogato or LiveJournal diaries (or both), depending on said header. It's probably buggy as crap, tho. My script to do GnuPG mail entries (slightly different from jdub's) also works; this entry originated in mutt and will end up in both Advogato and LJ; word!

I'll clean the scripts up a bit and post them up on my site soonish.

(21:57 | lyrical commission - blood red skies | #)
8 Oct 2003 (updated 19 Oct 2003 at 12:22 UTC) »

(yay pybloxsom fun)

6 Oct 2003 (updated 6 Oct 2003 at 08:48 UTC) »

(more pyblosxom fun, to be replaced with real content later tonight)

6 Oct 2003 (updated 6 Oct 2003 at 08:48 UTC) »

(pyblosxom yay)

6 Oct 2003 (updated 6 Oct 2003 at 08:42 UTC) »

(pyblosxom testing entry removed, soon to be replaced with real content)

167 older entries...

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!