We've made it onto Sourceforge's 'Most Active' list on their front page! Wow! This is attracting a fair bit of attention from users and we're getting lots of "This is way cool" and "Thankyou" emails. Very pleasing to the liver.
I reckon we've got about 70 percent of the game mechanics implemented. Combat's being worked on, as is the spell system, pathfinding now more or less works. Scrolling is being reworked to make it more like the original. In fact, we're half adding stuff at the moment, and half fine-tuning to make what we've implemented match more closely with the original.
Spent about three hours this-morning dealing with a panic bug in production. Ick. Didn't have time for a coffee until it was over. Much running around and screaming. Seems to be a subtle bug in one of the daemons. Ultimately, restarting that daemon on the two (of 30) afflicted boxen worked...though the bug appeared to be in a completely different (non-restartable) process for quite a while, until a process of elimination tracked it down.