14 Apr 2001 cturner   » (Journeyer)

I spent a large part of today toying with ExtUtil::MakeMaker in order to get a more sane build tree for some perl modules we've been using. Boy, what a pain. The main pain comes from trying to fit it into our current tree, realizing it wouldn't work, and being forced to do massive CVS changes to the directory structure of our repository.

Some days, I love CVS. Other days, I know it exists simply to torment me.

I really wish there was a simple rename/move subcommand for it. Removing and re-checking in wreaks havoc on a wide scale.

The main reason for the reorg is to make it easier to build tarballs using standard perl mechanics, as well as to make building RPMs easier. Who knows, maybe some of this will show up on CPAN some day. That would be cool, because we've got some good, reusable stuff that no one has really done yet. Of course, I can't go into details about what it is quite yet, so don't ask.

(Obligatory "this is my first diary entry" snippet: This is my first diary entry. Huzzah!)

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!