Bother. I was going to do a before-and-after comparison of rendering of ties in the Gsharp score editor: before, from when I first implemented ties, and after, when Robert reimplemented them, including the beginnings of support for tie end glyphs, and for adjustment of tie heights for varying widths between tied notes. However, I managed to use the same file name for the latest screenshot as I did for the one almost two years ago (well, yes, ties.png is of course the obvious name for this: so obvious I chose it twice...), so you will just have to take my word for it that the new version is prettier than my hacked up version which just drew lines.
Instead I will just have to provide more evidence of prettiness, and since I have a long-held fondness for the music of Clément Janequin, I give you the beginning of les Cris de Paris, with the beginning of a lilypond version from about 2000 (in an evince window, behind) for a not-quite-fair comparison, and (what is more; see, how generous I am!) a MIDI file from Gsharp, just to prove that I'm not cheating.