- It was suggested that the CLRFI for a timer facility might be worth putting together (Pascal Bourguignon, <email@example.com>);
- Paolo Amoroso first suggested the idea of a CLRFI process back in 1999 (<firstname.lastname@example.org>);
- Threading and even mmap have been suggested as possible subject matter for a CLRFI (see, eg., Pascal Bourguignon, <email@example.com>). FWIW, I don't think CL needs a mmap CLRFI! Though maybe a general UNIX/Linux system call interface would be worthwhile.
What are "agents"? Wikipedia says software agents are:
a piece of autonomous, or semi-autonomous proactive and reactive, computer software.That's a lot of complex, highly technical, words to define what one would hope was a simple and fundamental concept. So a start might be to ask some more elementary questions:
- Are they a design pattern? If so, what are its characteristics?
- Are they a kind of process? If so, what kind of abservations distinguish agents from other processes?
- Or, cynically, is "agent" a buzzword that scientists use to get research proposals rubber stamped by research funding councils, and companies use to give the semblance of being up-to-date?
Postscript: Indeed he does.